From the ‘Fabulous Fish’ course by Joanne Rosenblatt
Prep – 15 mins / Cook – 15 mins
- 400g (12 oz approx) firm white fish fillets, no bones and skin removed (coley, cod, haddock etc)
- 2 long green chillies
- 1 (or 2 if you like it very hot) small red chillies
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger grated or finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 spring onions (white part only) finely sliced
- 2 stems lemon grass (white part only)
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 cup coconut milk (250 ml)
- 1 tsp soft brown sugar
- ½ cup coconut cream (125 ml)
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2-3 Tbsp lime juice
1. Heat wok until hot & add whole chillies & roast till beginning to brown.
2. Remove green chillies, cool, deseed & slice.
3. Cut in half and bruise lemongrass whole with flat side of knife.
4. Prepare fish by cutting it into large pieces.
5. Add ginger, garlic, spring onion, lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, sugar & coconut milk to wok
6. Add fish, bring to boil then simmer 2 mins until fish tender.
7. Gently stir in coconut cream, chopped green chilli, fish sauce, lime juice & salt to taste.
8. Remove lemon grass & whole red chillies to serve.
9. Serve on a stack of basmati rice with sauce.